The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post. (I think this gets done when you do rule #3.)
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
6. Have fun!
Here are my answers to Jay's questions:
1) Which is your favorite movie/novel character?
I can't say I have one favorite movie or novel character because as time passes (as opposed to saying as I grow older) my tastes have changed and I have new favorites all the time. As a teen, I loved Charlton Heston in Ben Hur, Romy Shneider in Sissi, and Jane Seymour in The Scarlet Pimpernel. But I also loved Jean-Marc Barr in The Big Blue. I wanted to swim with him and the dolphins...
2) How long does it normally take you to read a novel?
I can read a novel in two days if I love it, but it can take me up to a week if it's a heavy and dramatic read.
3) Can you watch a movie more than ten times?
Only if the ten times is spaced out in years.
4) Do you ever listen to music while working on a character/writing?
Yes! I associate characters with emotions evoked from specific songs.
5) Which movie role would you pay to be cast for?
Any one that has me totally transformed, such as an historical figure where I get to wear a 17th century gown, pick up my skirts and escape...using my wit and charms. Yeah, right!
6) What's your favorite dish?
Hearty vegetable soup. Nothing beats this as comfort food when I'm down and cold to my bones.
7) Which book/movie made you run out of tears?
Fried Green Tomatoes (1991) but now that I've had kids I try to avoid movies and books that are deeply emotional just because I'm sensitive by nature and can easily bawl...I mean, my kids' movies can make me cry! Seriously!
8) Have you ever prepared/created a character based on a friend or a family member?
Yes. The main character in my novel Daughter of Mine is loosely based on my youngest sister.
9) Have you ever had to improvise during a show?
Mmmm...never been in a show before.
10) Which is the best city you visited so far?
11) Were you ever introduced to a famous actor/writer?
I wouldn't say introduced but I've met several well-known writers, among them Tatiana de Rosnay and Sophie Kinsella, and corresponded by email with many, including Christine Trent and C.W. Gortner whose novels I really love!
Okay, I've decided to tag these blogs that highlight Italy in some way:
Here are my 11 questions to my tagged blogs. Feel free to be creative!
1) If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
2) What is the strangest food you ever ate?
3) Favorite Italian singer?
4) If there's one last phrase you could say to that wonderful friend who passed away, what would it be?
5) What book do you recommend I read next?
6) Thus far, what is one thing you regret not doing in your life?
7) If you could adopt a secret identity, what would it be?
8) When was the last time you laughed really hard?
9) Something you hate doing?
10) Favorite pastime?
11) Something about Italy that surprised you?
I hope you have fun with these questions!
Credit: The photo on this post is courtesy of Cyberkedi.